Monday, June 25, 2012

Das Kulture launches!

So, I'm basically a pop culture hound. I love the stuff. I spend absurd, infeasible, frankly inadvisable quantities of time consuming it, across basically all possible media. I am not content with what you'll get handed by the big American/Western/whatever media machines - the blockbusters, the smash hits, and the blah blah blah you get the idea. Don't get me wrong, if I see something good there I'll appreciate it just like anything else. Hipster snobbery is not my game.

But it's just not enough for me. I want more. I like seeking out the offbeat, the out-of-the-way, the just plain underappreciated as well. And what I love even more than (or at least as much as) finding what I consider, by my own standards, to be good pieces of culture is sharing them with other people. Hopefully, people who will appreciate just how cool they are too.

So, that's what this blog is for. I'll be talking about what I've found and experienced in the wonderful wide world of pop culture - the hits and the misses. So give it a shot. Read a bit. You just might find something you'll be glad you did.

--Kulture

No comments:

Post a Comment